California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Employee and Applicant Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice for California Employees (the “Notice”) applies solely to all job applicants, employees, owners, directors, officers, and contractors (collectively referred to in this Notice as “employees”) who reside in the State of California (“you”). We adopt this Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we collect and to being transparent about the purposes for which we use your information. This Notice sets forth our policies and practices for handling the information we collect and use in the employment context.
I. Categories of Personal Information We Collect
When a person applies to join our team or over the course of a person’s employment, we may collect one or more of the following categories of personal information. We collect and use this information only as permitted or required by, and in compliance with, law.
- Contact Information,including name, alias and other names, email address, telephone or mobile phone number, address, Social Security Number, driver’s license number or state ID card number, passport number, and other unique personal identifiers associated with you or other beneficiaries such as your spouse or child.
- Sign-In and Device Information, including username and password, account name or number, and other online or device identifiers, Internet, or other electronic network activity information such as browsing and search history and information regarding interactions with websites and applications, our systems, and networks.
- Educational, Professional, and Employment-Related Information, including employment, employment and education history, professional licenses, marital or domestic partner status, date of birth, age, gender, classifications protected under state or federal Equal Employment Opportunity laws (such as race or national origin), medical condition or information, and health insurance information and policy number.
- Financial Information,including bank account, billing address, and information about your income
II. Purposes for Which Personal Information Is Used
We process your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Determining your eligibility for a position with the company, including processing your application, assessing your fit with us or for a specific role, conducting interviews, carrying out background and reference checks in accordance with law, and keeping records related to our hiring process.
- Managing compensation, benefits, and employment-related expenses, including payroll processing, managing salaries and expenses, managing corporate credit cards and expense reimbursements, as well as administering equity, compensation, bonus, and insurance programs.
- Managing professional development, performance, and conduct, including responding to complaints of misconduct, managing conflicts of interest, conducting performance appraisals, supporting career development, and managing whistleblower programs.
- Protecting the company against illegal activity and other misconduct, including by detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Undertaking activities to verify and maintain the quality, safety, and performance of our products and services, including product and service testing, research, and development.
- Complying with our legal obligations,including those related to tax and anti-discrimination laws; and
- Other routine business purposes.
III. Contact Information & Updates
We may update this Notice from time to time, in which case the revised Notice will be provided to you in writing, by email, or mail. If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or would like to receive it in a different format, please feel free to reach out to the People Team.